Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


On Friday we celebrated Dr. Seuss’s Birthday by having a very comfy-cozy reading time.  Everyone read a book by Dr. Seuss and had time to share their favorites with a partner.  It's amazing the number of books Dr. Seuss wrote in his lifetime!  Many of them were fun, silly and nonsensical.  Others had a strong message to them – like The Lorax.  Since this story was being released in the theaters, I thought the class needed to hear the real story and get the message of The Lorax.  Anyway –books are ALWAYS better than the movie!
After listening to the story and discussing the author’s message we wrote on the prompt “ If I was the Lorax, this is how I would help our Earth…”  Best of all – everyone got to make his/her own Lorax mustache!  We are mighty fine looking Loraxes! Check us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment